Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Baby Miloh

When I was pregnant with Jeffery, I was excited to know that a lot of my friends were pregnant along with me and we were going to all have our babies within a few months of each other.  My friend Ashley was about 2 months further along than I was and she was also having a boy so we often talked about how our boys would be such good friends.  I would ask her all of my pregnancy questions and we became very close.  Our husband's even became friends. 

Ashley and I did each other's eyelashes.  We had a few hours every other week to catch up, along with hanging out during the week and on weekends with our husbands. 

Ashley delivered Miloh on December 12.  I always remembered because his birthday is on my half birthday.  He was such a handsome little guy.  I remember going over to their house and seeing him for the first time.  He was all bundled up in his swing and he was so content.

About 2 months later Jeff and I lost our little Jeffery.  It was a Monday morning and I was supposed to get my eyelashes done at 9 AM.  My doctor appointment was at about 8:30.  I was in so much shock I wasn't really sure how to tell her that I wasn't going to be able to come to my appointment so I just text her and said that I was going to the hospital to have my baby.  She immediately responded and asked if I wanted her and Thomas to go to my house to get anything ready.  I felt so bad to have to tell her the details about why he was being born today.  She told me how sorry her and Thomas, her husband, were.  She said they would be praying for us and they love us and to let them know if we need anything.

Later on that week as we were preparing for a funeral I decided that even though I didn't want to go anywhere or do anything I should probably look my best for Jeffery's funeral.  I knew he would want me to do things that would make me happy and feel good.  I text Ashley to see if she could do my eyelashes.  Of course she said yes.

When I got there she was so sweet and hugged me.  We went to her eyelash room and the sweetest little Miloh was all bundled up in his swing.  I remember feeling happy to see him.  He was surely Jeffery's friend and that brought me happiness. 

Both Ashley and Thomas came to Jeffery's funeral and viewing.  I was so grateful to have so many good friends there with us.

For the next few months I spent quite a bit of time with the Hughes' family.  I loved holding Miloh, it was like he was the closest thing to my little Jeffery.  I knew they had been friends in heaven.  Miloh was such a happy baby!  I never heard him cry.  He was always smiling and laughing.  I loved tickling his little tummy and making him giggle.  He was snugly and helped fill that void in my life that was missing.

On May 20th around midnight I got a phone call from Ashley.  I woke up but wasn't fully alert and subconsciously hung up the phone.  I then heard my text message alert go off and had woken up a little bit more by this point.  I looked at my phone and Ashley had text me and said "Call me when you get this. We don't know who else to call."  I jumped out of bed and called her.  She was crying when she answered and said "Miloh died".  I couldn't believe what she told me.  All I could say was "What?"  She told me again and I told her I was coming over.

We only lived about 1 minute from each other so I got to her house pretty quick.  We hugged and cried.  Miloh had passed away from SIDS.  We talked for hours and I stayed until both Thomas and Ashley had fallen asleep.  I went home and slept for an hour and talked to my husband about what had happened.  I went back to their house and stayed for a while.  For rest of the week I spent as much time at their house as I could.  Even though I had gone through a similar situation I still didn't know what to say.  I felt so sad for this beautiful little family.

I was amazed by their amazing strength.  Thomas and Ashley both showed unbelievable faith.  Watching them handle this trial with such grace helped me continue to overcome my own trials.  I am grateful that Ashley called me that night and that I was able to be there for her and Thomas.  She has no idea how much I look up to her and her beautiful spirit.

We always knew our boys would be friends one day, we just didn't think it would be so soon.  I am grateful to have been able to hold and give little Miloh kisses.  I am grateful to have known such a perfect and pure spirit.  And I'm grateful to know a spirit that is with my little Jeffery.  I know that they are doing so much good in the Heavenly Kingdom.

I miss both of these boys but know that I will see both of them again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment